Friday 29 November 2013

T3 G1 V1 N2

Roughly two week after surgery my colorectal nurse came to see me the pathology results were back and lymph nodes were involved as we thought so the next step was 12 cycles of adjuvant XELOX chemotherapy, once again i was terrified, not about the chemo but the thought of loosing my hair, I could cope with the sickness and all the other crap that goes with it but the thought of loosing my hair  terrified me, luckily I didn't have any hair loss phew! Biggest problem with oxy poxy as it's known is neuropathy and boy did I suffer, I can only describe it as drinking a box of drawing pins that's how painful it was, I couldn't go out not even to pick my kids up from school as the cold weather made it ten times worse. It was decided by cycle number 9 to stop as it became too much for me. Then the dreaded scan....it was new year when I went back to see my lovely oncologist Jo and the scan was ALL CLEAR....time to celebrate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment