Friday 29 November 2013

My stay in st James

Thursday 7th June I had to wait in all day for the phone to ring to say a bed was available for me, that call came around 330pm, we dropped the kids off with family that was hard saying goodbye to them I wouldn't see them for a good few days. On arrival at hospital I was shown to my bed, then given the bowel prep...on no I really struggled with drinking it! It's RANK! Not long after Chris had to go, I was so upset I wanted him to take me home with him. The team came round and explained all what was going to happen then after surgery I would be taken to HDU. I didn't sleep much that night. In the morning I got my theatre gown and stockings on then the sit and wait till they came for me, didn't have long to wait I remember seeing Mr S before they put me to sleep I simply said to him 'please look after me' he promised he would then I went off to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment