Saturday 30 November 2013

Round 3

After an appointment with my oncologist i agreed to further chemo in the hope it would shrink the dam thing, she did warn me how utter shit I would feel with chemo (her words) hmmm she wasn't wrong only trouble this time was the big issue with my veins,trying to find a vein had become a nightmare so it was decided I would need a PICC line it would be in my arm and stay there all throughout my chemo. The day came for the PICC line Chris had to work so my mum came with me, after several attempts by the nurse and lots of crying and screaming from me we had to stop, what now? I asked. The following week I went into theatre to have a Groshon line inserted into my chest, I was sedated so the procedure was simple. Next day if was first chemo session FOLFIRI & bevacizumab the plan was every fortnight for 12 weeks so 6 sessions then a Scan . The main problems i had with chemo this time was stomach cramps, sweating, sore mouth, sore eyes and SICKNESS. I had good days, bad days and very bad days, Chris worked while my mum came to help with the kids and do my housework as I didn't have the energy to do anything just as I was starting to feel ok it was time for more chemo! One of my good weekends 26th April me and Chris travelled to Birmingham to see my 2nd love Chris de burgh! Amazing amazing amazing we rocked the arena. We got to chemo number 6 to be told my oncologist wants me to carry on to 12 grrrrrrrr how would I get to 12 each one was getting harder and harder. Great news came in June with the news that chemo was doing its job and the alien was shrinking dr J was do pleased it had shrunk by 25% finally good news to cry about. We changed the plan slightly as I was desperate for us to have a family holiday so the plan was go to 11 get the line out then go on holiday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment