Monday 10 April 2017

9 year ago.

Yesterday the 9th of April, a date I'll never forget 9 year ago I was diagnosed with cancer it was 9th april 2008 at 1:30pm, I knew as soon as he walked in the room what he was going to say and I wasn't wrong,the rest of the day was a blur full off why me,what's going to happen,I was worried.
9 year on and I'm thankful I'm here to see my children grow. I'm lucky I have chris and my mum who between them make sure I'm not alone at any appointments, scans etc.
Update on how I am
mh leg is back in Bandages, I have a cut on the back of my leg that got infected,that's almost healed then last week the nurse noticed where the original ulcer was last year that has started to break down again, swabs confirmed infection,I'm now back on antibiotics. In January I noticed a tiny hole in my skin about 1 inch under my Stoma, I called the colorectal nurse at the hospital, by the time I saw her it had opened up and was much bigger and quite deep so she swabbed it and a week later I went back and again it was so much bigger, the swabs confirmed infection, the antibiotics didn't help it was just getting bigger each time so I went back to see a different colorectal nurse who said it was an ulcer.
A few week ago I went to see my oncologist Jo and showed her the photos on my phone of how it started and how bad it had got, her thought was is it cancer? A biopsy to see if so, I really didn't expect that. I'm back to see the colorectal nurse on the 13th and see what she thinks, it's so terribly sore, when I move it feels like it's splitting, I'm cleaning and packing it daily with sorbsan. I so hope it's not disease I will keep you updated.
I have a scan date aswell, she wants to know what's going on due to all the pain in my leg into foot,the palliative care nurse is coming regularly to help get it under control she's increased meds I'm on and another has been added, it's much better to how it was a few week ago but I can go from no pain at all to the worst possible pain within minutes.
This week is chemo week I'm carrying on with chemo until I've had the scan and seen Jo for the results but still hope to continue after that but will depend on the scan if the chemo is still working. Fingers and toes crossed!
I'll update again once I've seen Jo for the results.
Love Julie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment