Thursday 21 July 2016

Scan results

It was 2 days ago scan results day,the worrying doesn't get easier, it was an afternoon appointment so in the morning I kept busy cleaning the house. We arrived at the hospital, didn't have too long to wait to get called in, after the usual how are you Jo went on to say the scan had shown growth in all the tumours even the few in my liver had grown,really dissapointed not what I wanted to hear.  now my options are carry on with chemo and just hope after more it will slow down or stop the growth of them but no doubt this is slowing down the healing of my leg or stop chemo but if I stop then I can't have more chemo (the rules of the drugs fund). The room went silent as we all looked at each other, I don't have any other choice than continue with the chemo, so that's the plan another 2 month of chemo then back to see Jo.
 This means no holiday for me but I've finally convinced Chris to take Adam abroad for a week, he really needs a break and I hope it will do him good it's just what he needs, that's my mission today to find them a holiday where they can go and relax.
 I had chemo yesterday think it was number 16 or maybe more I've lost count! I'm also back on antibiotics for my leg it's getting no better and I'm still in compression. As you can imagine with all that's going on I'm not feeling too happy, I'm trying to stay positive but it's so difficult when you hear news you don't want to hear.
Love Julie xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh my lovely Julie. I dont have the right words to say to you reading your post. Wish I could be there & give you a real hug. Let us hope that the chemo slows down the growth or better still stop the growth of them & actually start doing its job to shrink the Buggers. Sorry I dont have the right words lovely. You so dont deserve to be going through all this. I am sad you can't go on holiday with the boys too. What about finding a nice place in sunny Cornwall for you all so that you too can get a break. I understand the boys will love a holiday in the sun I so wish I could send you all together. So I hope you find a good deal for the boys Julie and I wish you could get a break from all the pain of the cancer and your leg compression. You need a break yourself. So wish I could win lottery and send you somewhere fabulous lovely Julie. Sorry I dont have the right words Julie. Don't think its fair about the rules of the Drug Fund that you can't have a break and then start again that is blooming not on. Surely they could give you a week for a holiday with the boys. You stay positive Julie I know how difficult it is but you must stay positive lovely easy for others to say I know lovely. Wish I could say something that could make it all better Julie. Love n hugs n woofs from all of us x Bless you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read your post .Really have no words your such a brave and strong lady if anyone deserves a break and some good news it yourself .I really hope your chemo will start to fight your Cancer and let you get some release and maybe a chance for a short break with your family . Always in my thoughts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this Julie. But one things for sure you are a fighter! I agree with Lesley about a holiday. It would be nice to spend time as a family and the South Coast is usually warm, well warmer than we have it up North! There are some lovely places in the UK and lots for the children to do. Keep your chin up. You're not one to take this without a fight xx

    ReplyDelete