Thursday 7 July 2016

Another day,another problem.

This week has been nothing but appointments,Monday morning visit to the nurse to get my leg cleaned and dressed, the dreaded scan in the afternoon. Tuesday- Macmillan unit for chemo bloods. Wednesday-long long day having chemo Thursday (today)-went to the nurse to get my leg cleaned & dressed leg is looking much better she doesn't think I'll be in compression much longer,my heel is still not good there's a pretty deep hole in my heel,they treat it with balm cream and a soft sponge dressing and hopefully once the compression is gone they'll be able to concentrate on getting my heel healed. Then the nurse noticed blood coming from the corner of my toe nail as she had a closer look she looked concerned as its very bruised too,she said she would send an urgent request to a chiropodist,before I got home I had the call from them,I have an appointment there today at 15:50 so I've that too look forward to! I'm exhausted today from chemotherapy yesterday it doesn't get any easier. I have my schedule of dates upto Jan 2017 and scan results on the 19th July I just hope & pray chemo is still keeping the tumours stable.
 On Sunday it's that time of year again, race for life day I'll be doing most of it in my wheelchair and I'll walk what I can. A lovely/emotional  day with my family & friends expecially my dear Mavis (Clair) who's done it by my side every year and taking part for me one year when I was too ill to take part. I feel so lucky to have her as a friend. Also I thank all who's sponsored me so many kind people I hope it will all help to find the cure that's so desperately needed,I know I'll never be cured from this dreadful disease, but as long as chemo keeps thing stable then I hope to have many more years ahead to enjoy seeing my beautiful children grow up into adults and grow older & greyer with Chris! that's all I wish for.
Love always Julie
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment