Thursday 19 November 2015

Results day

Today results day, a day full of mixed emotions, as we sat in the waiting room waiting to see my oncologist my head is full of worry, the waiting is torture you think of the worst but hope for the best, luckily we didn't have a long wait. It was the first time Jo had seen me having to use my walking stick, I could see the sadness on her face as she mentioned it but I told her It helps me and it doesn't bother me now, we do have a good friendship with Jo after all I've been seeing her for 7 1/2 year now and she knows I'm prepared to take any treatment she can offer me. So after the usual 'how are you' she went on to say the scan does show the tumour in my pelvis had grown, that's what I expected due to all the pain but she was reassured that it's not spread anywhere else, she did mention the 2 nodules in my lung but they've not changed since previous scans so she doesn't think it's anything that we need concern about. The plan is 3 month of chemo every 2 week but first I need a permanent line in my chest, it's called a portacath (think that's how you spell it) that's done as day surgery in theatre, I should get an appointment  within 2 week then start chemo almost straight after. 
  The pain is much better with increased meds but still having trouble sleeping and  pain during the night, the steroids make me hungry I do nothing but eat! I've put on a stone in 3 week, but I feel much better for it and I seem to have more energy too. 
  For now I'm keen to get on with the chemo and hope it shrinks the disease and gives me more relief from pain. 
 I'd just like to thank you all for the well wishes. Don't know what I'd do without you all you give me hope & strength to fight on.
 Lots of love Julie xxxxx

8 comments:

  1. It's a good read Julie and all in all not a bad day for you. I can't imagine how you're coping each day. I can only think how strong you are. Take care lovey. Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could take some of your pain I would .People out in the world complain about silly things if they had to walk in your shoes for a day different story .May you have a peacfull night and I know you will keep fighting Take care brave lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie you are a fighter and will fight this damn cancer and the chemo will do its job and lets get rid of it, You are so strong and you have to be with all you go through day and night, I'm so glad it hasn't gone to any other places and although its grown be positive lovely Julie I know you will be and once

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get your chemo I hope that it kicks the pain into touch and that you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel less pain, onwards and upwards Julie x sorry keeps cutting out on me always be here for you, you know that lovely, big hugs from the boys and I and cooper sends healing woofs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a positive blog Julie. I know what a strong lady you are and you will continue to fight this cancer. One day Julie............ Our love to you as always. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a positive blog Julie. I know what a strong lady you are and you will continue to fight this cancer. One day Julie............ Our love to you as always. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know you Julie. You sound like a strong person and hope the chemo works well. Pamela Fellows


    ReplyDelete